Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy 100th Birthday Oklahoma!





2007 is Oklahoma's Centennial. Grandma Charlotte and a few others from Madill decided that the town needed to celebrate, so they put together a parade followed by a "1907" themed carnival. The girls and I went (instead of going to Soren's race down in Brenham - yep, we bailed on the junior olympics this year!). When Charlotte found out we were coming (last week) she made these dresses for Soren and Reese. They were adorable! Everyone stopped them and asked if they could take a picture. It was such a great event. I don't know how Grandma Charlotte has survived these last few weeks of waking up around 4 am and working on this thing well into the night. She did such a great job that she has been offered jobs and told that the town needs to do this every year!

3 comments:

Ann said...

They are too cute! Right out of Little House on the Praire. It was a tough choice to make, but I think they will remember this much more fondly than the Junio Olympics. You guys always amaze us! Love you.

MattandSara said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing them with all of us. I think Reese is just about the cutest thing. She reminds me of Laura Ingall's little sister (I think her name was Grace) on Little House.

Tami said...

I love those pictures! Your girls are so cute. What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving? I thought about you last night when I bought a bag of chicken strips.