Sunday, December 9, 2007

26.2!

The Whiterock Marathon. I did it! 4 hrs 5 minutes. Such an amazing feeling. Someone was praying hard for the weather because we only got sprinkled on slightly and I hear that it was pouring as near by as 4 miles. I had a great race; some knee pain started to get me down early on, but I prayed and God decided to let me have my day. I am so blessed, let me tell you. The weather was quite cold and very windy and despite all of that 13 family members made the drive to watch me finish this exciting event. That made me feel so special. Like they did not have anything better to do on this cold winter day. Thank you guys for your support, you will never know what it meant to me. I have also gotten many phone calls from people who were thinking of me; Grandma Charlotte got a nice wintry mix on the road and could not make it but she was there in spirit...thank you!
Pete, my coach, and the best partner anyone could ask for, ran with me. He decided this last night. He ran to encourage me and video me! He would run ahead every few miles and record me passing by and ask how I was feeling. What an awesome guy! The sickening thing is that he is in such good shape that this was just a Sunday jog for him. He will probably still need to do a workout this afternoon. What a turd. I love him!

I consider today a great success. Thank you, Lord for blessing me with the ability to do such a fun thing in my life. I recommend everyone try one of these at least once in your life. If I can do it, anyone can!

Thank you, Pops for these pictures. If it wasn't for Pops, my faithful readers would not get a glimpse of most of these exciting races!


a few of my brave supporters weathering the wait at the finish line


see Kara cheering me on? Not the lady running, the lady behind the barrier



Here I come! Nearly there!


Little hands admire my finishers medal



the best looking marathoner on the course!

7 comments:

Anita said...

Great Job, Sara!!! I knew you would do awesome. I've been thinking about you all day. You go girl!! What's next!?!

Ann said...

You are amazing!!!! Congratulations on a great achievement. You are truly an inspiration...Maybe one day, I'll try a little run. Love you! The girls are so beautiful. Soren looks especially big in the pictures -- we don't have little girls anymore.

MattandSara said...

I was thinking about you over the last few days and praying that the weather wouldn't get in the way from you finishing. Congratulations! Your next marathon is for me because I will never do one.

The Woods Gang said...

I'm so terribly impressed! I woke up Sunday morning to the sound of very cold rain and actually thought of you runners in my groggy state. Congratulations!! That is truly a big deal!!

Amy Woods said...

Actually that previous comment was from me...Amy. Don't know why it says Brian.

Tami said...

YEA!! Congratulations on a job well done!

mcjacobsjournal said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Sara! I thought of you (and others I knew were running) when the weather was so yucky. I'm already impressed that you can do the marathon thing...but in the rain and cold and wind?!? AMAZING!!

(Oh, and I would love to invite you to the blog, if you'll send me your email address (it requires that to add you to the list....mckjacobs@verizon.net)