Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Tea and a Tri

Reese and I had a sweet evening hosted by her school to celebrate mothers. The kids sang songs to us, gave us precious hand made gifts and served us lots of sweets. It was such a great evening for us and I will treasure it always.

Reese and her teacher, Ms. Pam. We love Ms. Pam!

For mother's day my sweet girls gave me a new pair of bike shorts (I have one favorite pair that I wear day after day...eew) and a beautiful new jersey; so much fun, I will look great out on the road! Pete gave me the freedom to pick a race to sign up for and then suggested one in Boulder, Colorado! Cool! For a recap of the day, see http://www.theparkersblog.blogspot.com/



Tis the season...racing season! Triathlon season is officially upon us and the girls kicked it off with a race in Decatur on Saturday. For Reese it was a 25 yard swim, 1 mile bike and a half mile run; Soren did 50 yards, 3 miles and 1 mile. It was a very laid back, non-timed event that allowed kids of all ages and abilities. There were kids in the pool with floaties, tricycles on the bike course...it was adorable. Such a fun experience for the kids. Maybe I will take the time to post the video...we'll see.

No comments: