Saturday, April 26, 2008

Germanfest 100k Bike Rally

Today I rode my first metric 100 bike ride. It is 100k, not 100 miles (BIG difference!). It was part of the Germanfest in Muenster. I took the girls and Grandma met us there. They hung out at the fairgrounds while I rode; it made for a great day. We had such beautiful weather! I am sunburned, yea! I needed some color after a long winter on the trainer! As for the ride, It kicked my hiney. It was definitely the most difficult ride I have done so far. Not because of the distance but because of the hills. My legs just don't have the strength to climb for 3 1/2 hours and that was a hilly course. The most memorable part to me was right after the ride started. We rounded a corner and there was a long uphill and all I could see were cyclists. It was so cool looking. We took up both lanes of the rode for as far as I could see. I remember that from the Whiterock marathon, too. It is neat to be a part of something like that. Thanks, Grandma for giving the girls such a fun day while I got to do something that I love. We appreciate you!



the girls with all of their spoils


showing me their cool hair pieces

fancy balloon hats (which didn't even make it all the way home before getting popped)

Soren chose a necklace made of blown glass for her special treasure

Reese chose a charm bracelet

2 comments:

Anita said...

Sara-Did you know that my Grandma and pretty mcuh my mom's whole family lives in Muenster! I am sure you saw several of them there, if you made it near the beer kegs!!! I know Germanfest is always fun and a big highlight of the year. I've never been, though. I guess I should go run the 5k next year. The hills would probably do me in, though.

Adams Family said...

You amaze me! 100K! I am good to go for a nice 2 mile walk with Ty each day. At least I find inspiration through your adventures. Loved the pictures of the girls..they are gorgeous, and Muenster has some great shopping, I could probably do 100k of antique shopping, or maybe not!