Thursday, April 17, 2008

If you can't say something nice

I have been trying to do pilates to increase my flexibility. Reese does it with me and she is much better than I am. She can keep her legs at a 45 degree angle all day. Anyway, at the end of the video the instructor says "Good job. You are on your way to flatter, firmer abs..." Yesterday I was leaning over drying my hair and Reese was looking right at my stomach and had that look. The look she gets when she is pondering something. Then she says to me "Mom, I thought that movie said your stomach will be flatter and firmer. Your belly isn't." Then she pulled up her shirt and looked at her belly and said "but mine is!"

She was such a great encouragement that we loaded up and went straight to Sonic for happy hour.

2 comments:

MattandSara said...

Ha! Mine might really shock her then! Too funny. Nothing a little ice cream can't help!

Adams Family said...

Oh..I can hardly wait for the day when Ty starts saying things like that. It's such a confidence booster right? There is truly no filter with little ones is there? Take it from a teacher of 10 years..it never ends!