Monday, May 12, 2008

I can almost taste it

Soren had Friday and Monday off of school and that gave us a taste of summer. I love having Soren at home. She is such a great help to me and she and Reese play so well together (most of the time). We went water skiing on Friday. I wore my wet suit but the kids had no problem getting in the 67 degree water without one to ride the tube.


Saturday our neighborhood pool opened for the season so we hung out there for a while. I let the girls know in advance that I would not be getting in (too cold for me). Luckily Reese is a good enough swimmer that I am comfortable with her being in without me. She is a better swimmer than I am I think.


Sunday I was privileged to have an evening out with my grandmother, mom, mother-in-law, sister and sister-in-law. We enjoyed a nice dinner and then caught a movie. It was such a nice evening. Thanks to all of the dads for watching the kids.


Today we decided to try Chuck E. Cheese after a long boycott. That place is so crazy. I thought that today would be different since we are the only school around that is out for the day...and it was! There were maybe 5 people there. We finally used a gift card that was given to Reese on her 3rd birthday. Good times.


Only 3 weeks left and I will have days like this everyday! Yea for summer! Bring it on!

No comments: