Monday, May 26, 2008

Splash Bash / Field Day / New Water Slide

Friday was a day of fun outside at Soren's school. They got to cook out, play on cool water slides and then have field day. We left school at 1:30 and went straight to the pool where we stayed until after 6:00.





Saturday morning we got up early to ride in the Burleson Honey Tour bike ride. Nana came down and it was going to be so much fun. Our plan was to ride the 32 mile route. Nana and Soren on their bikes and me pulling Reese on the trail-a-bike. No problem. Well, there was a problem. I had never tried putting the trail-a-bike on my tri-bike and it was not a good thing. Reese and her bike weighed 3 times as much as me and my bike and I had NO control. I had to squeeze the handle bars so hard to keep control that my finder tips were numb. So 12 miles into the ride I hollered for my mom to pull over and sadly admitted that I was not having ANY fun at all and I wanted to turn around and go home. So we did. Sorry Nana. We did get 24 miles in, which was her longest ride so far. No pictures of the very stressful ride...

Sunday we went to Pops and Nana's to have a cook out and play and celebrate Pete's birthday (coming up this Thursday). The beautiful weather found us outside in the pool for the majority of the day, which is what we all love best.

Today was really cool. Our street has grown by a few families this year and the water slide we bought last summer just was not big enough to handle all of the kids....so we bought this:






so cool! We had a blast playing on this all day today. Around 5 we pulled out the grills and made it an official Memorial Day cookout. I could not ask for a better group of friends and neighbors. Hope you all had a great Memorial weekend.

1 comment:

tamandscott said...

Field Day looks like tons of fun at their school! How fun to have a water slide! Seriously! Also, I love your neighborhood and want to move on your street...