Thursday, November 6, 2008

Out of words

Reese has a few new habits that I think are funny. First of all are her "collections". Every time I try to throw something away she asks if she can have it for her collection. I am afraid I am raising a pack rat. She has stuff packed away in every crevice of her room. She is at school and then at a friend's house today and I am going upstairs with a dumpster; hopefully she will just see it as an opportunity to start all new collections and she won't be too mad at me!

At school Reese makes at least 2 crafts each day. In her eyes, each craft is extremely special and needs to be hung up somewhere in the house. So on every door knob, light switch, refrigerator, hangs a lovely preschool memoir.

This one is a good thing. Reese absolutely loves to "read". When she says she will read something it means that she is going to read all of the letters to you and you will tell her what they spell. This goes on every waking moment of every day. She has come so far recently with recognizing her letters and the sounds they make. Her favorite game is for me to say a word and she will tell me what letters it has. She is so excited. By the end of the day my brain is so tired of spelling!

3 comments:

mat said...

So here is my strategy for "keeping" the kids art work...take a picture. Digital storage is so cheap and easy now, you can keep their stuff forever (and still throw it away.)
Reese could have her own folder on the computer and could look at the pictures at any time.

MattandSara said...

All of that sounds like our house. Hollyn is our "collector." And Noah spends all day writing "words" and asking me what they spell. Of course, they don't spell anything but I do my best at sounding them out. Too cute.

Amy Woods said...

Thats sweet! I love this age. I was thinking today how I want to enjoy every moment of them at the age they are right now. Because before long Ridge won't want me to climb in bed and read him a story, Natalie won't want to sleep with me when Brian is gone, Adiah won't being saying "Memo" for Elmo and Emily won't roll her eyes at my jokes instead of laugh....wait..a..minute.....yep, that last one might stick around for awhile.