Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving recap

Where to start. I guess from the beginning.

First of all, here are some pictures of Reese's Thanksgiving celebration at school. The kids dressed as indians and pilgrims for their program and then we all ate a traditional Thanksgiving feast together.





Last weekend we celebrated with my family at Pops and Nana's house with the added bonus of having Danna and Trey with us! It is always such a blast when the whole gang gets together. Click here to see our latest family picture


all of the little ones being tortured for picture time

After leaving Pops and Nana's house Soren was home from school all week for fall break. I LOVE having her here with Reese and I. It was such a great week. I don't think that I have mentioned that Soren has had poison ivy AGAIN. She got it the weekend before Halloween and since her body is so sensitive to it, it takes weeks and weeks to go away. This time it was on her face. Poor kid. She got so tired of people asking her what was all over her face. As hard as she tries not to scratch, sometimes you just gotta, and one of the sores became infected last week, meaning no swim team for a while. So that means that I got to have her at home all week and we did not have to do anything. It was wonderful.

On Thanksgiving day, Papaw and Mamaw joined us for a weekend of continued celebration. We kept things simple this year. I put a brisket in the oven Wednesday night and spent about 20 minutes throwing the rest of the meal together for lunch on Thursday. We walked it all off afterwards, enjoying the beautiful Texas weather. Over the weekend we bowled, went to the movies, ate a lot and nearly lost our minds completing a puzzle. It was a nice visit.

here we are trying to stay sane while we search for the next piece of the puzzle

we did it! the finished product:


This is where Tiffy spent the ENTIRE weekend, which is funny because Papaw does NOT like dogs

saying good bye


As usual, I am sad to send Soren back to school tomorrow, but grateful for the fellowship I enjoyed over the extended holiday week. My blessings are overflowing. Thank you, God!

No comments: