Friday, January 2, 2009

Soren's Birthday and the New Year

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOREN!

On Tuesday, 12/30, Soren turned 10.

Wow.

When I turned 30 it did not bother me at all, but this bothers me. Maybe it is because Pete pointed out that she is a decade old and that she is half way to 20 and that ten years from now she will be in college. Thanks, Pete.

I cannot say enough good things about Soren. She is truly the sweetest, most obedient, loving kid I know. This holiday season has been interesting because there has not been a single thing that she can think of to ask for. She says she has everything she wants. So we did not buy her a birthday gift (I know, terrible!). Instead, we gave her cash that she is saving for her trip to Disney World this summer with Pops and Nana. Pete decorated the house after she went to bed and she was excited to wake up to some birthday festivities. We made muffins and cake and just played. Happy Birthday, Soren. We love you to the moon.


the "luau" themed decorations from dad

soren watches her friend tori light the candles


I hope all of your wishes come true!

soren asked for steak for her birthday dinner...but she decided that she likes dad's steaks even better!

Happy New Year!

For New Year's Eve we had a progressive dinner with all my awesome neighbors. It was a huge success, so much fun! We are definately doing another one. The main course was at our house and we seated 26 people in our kitchen and living room.

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and a blessed new year!


the Lakeview Circle gang!

No comments: