Monday, June 1, 2009

Up for a quick breath

A quick update on our ever-expanding-number-of-activities!

Last week little Alissa had surgery to have tubes put in her ears so I took Reese and Avery to see the talent show at Soren's school. It was pretty funny. We are so totally in Texas. Most kids chose to sing and they had such a strong accent that it made it difficult to understand the words. Soren and three of her friends did a magic show. Pretty cute.

After the show it was off to the pool. Alissa and Jodi were back from the surgery and joined us; Alissa is never happier than when she is in the water!



This was also Pete's birthday and somehow I do not have any pictures, but I have a story. Friday morning I got up just before 6 am to see Zach, Jodi and Alissa out (they were headed to the surgery) and Pete was not in bed. That is not so unusual, I knew he was probably just out running. When I went outside I noticed that there was a mini aid-station set up with water, food, gatorade, etc. That was a little strange. Then Pete comes running up the road. He was at 25 miles and reported that he had 9 more to go. What? Why are you running 34 miles? "Because it is my 34th birthday" he says and runs on down the road. Wow. He finished just after 7; it took him 4:44 (that is a pace of 8:20/mile). Came in, took a shower, and went to work. Yep, he had started running at 2:30 am! He is nuts. He makes me laugh.

This weekend was Soren's first long course meters meet (the lanes are 50 meters rather than 25 yards). She kicked butt! She has exploded this spring and had a fun meet, walking away with 6 1st place finishes out of 7 races. She also moved up to the next level and will swim "A" meets from now on. She achieved 3 "AA" times and 4 "A" times. WooHoo! Go Soren!

Up and coming:
This is the last week of school for Soren and then she is off to Disney Wor*d with Pops, Nana, Wyatt and Ashton for a fun filled 10 days. Reese and I will have Parker to play with while they are away as Kara and Mat get to escape on a cruise. In the mean time, I am in the thick of my Ironman Cozumel training. Having fun. Staying busy...

















1 comment:

MattandSara said...

Pete IS nuts! I love all the adventures going on in your home. Soren is on her way to her first Olympics. Will it be swimming or triathlon? We'll just have to wait and see.