Friday, June 12, 2009

what a week

Monday: set up the water slide. had Reese, Parker, Avery, Alissa, and 6 neighbor kids in my yard ALL DAY! Those kids were swimming fools! Alissa was absolutely hilarious. She would climb up the slide and let herself fall over the side head first into the pool and get mad if I tried to stop her or help her up.

Tuesday: took Reese, Parker, Callie and Lyla to bouncin bonanza. We had to stay out of the sun for a day. Parker and Callie were fast friends, two peas in a pod.

Wednesday: planned a trip to the pool but it was very cloudy and cool so we enjoyed playing outside with all of the neighbors. Lyla loved being out with all of the big kids; she has no idea she is not 5 years old.

Thursday: Just Reese and Parker. We journeyed to the Y to play at their outdoor water park but the storms from Wednesday night had knocked out the electricity, so we came back and went to our pool. After some time there we came home, cooked lunch, and then went swimming at a neighbor's house.

Today: I am off for a girls' weekend to Galveston with Jodi and Mindy! Looking forward to lounging and eating all weekend.

Had a short email from Pops this morning; the Disney crew is at Universal Stud*os today and will head home tomorrow. I think they are pretty pooped. Apparently they have hit all of the attractions, staying out late to catch the fireworks and getting up early to be first in the parks. We sure miss Soren!

A sad loss:
I have taken pictures of all of these fun activities, but Wendesday my camera started acting up and now I cannot even get it to turn on. When I took the memory card out to upload the pictures the computer said that the card was empty. I have tried two other computers and they say the same. I guess this weeks' pictures are lost and Pete will have to buy me a new camera for father's day!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Callie and Lyla had so much fun at your house on Tuesday and Wednesday! Thank you so much for helping us out and watching them. I am sad I missed Galveston, but as it turned out, Brady had an emergency appendectomy and I am so glad I was here to support Tonya. I didn't do anything but wait in the waiting room, but you know what I mean. Anyway - hope you guys had a great time! Thanks again!