Monday, October 19, 2009

Blog Slacker!

Wow! Sorry about the lack of posts. I am hardly a slacker in all other areas of my life right now. We are super busy with school, sports and lots of other fun stuff.


Weekend before last we enjoyed an extended time off of school with an early release on Friday and no school on Monday. Friday when it was time for the bus to drop off the kids I walked down to the stop sign to meet them. As I waited I received a phone call from Pete; Soren had called his cell phone saying they would not let her on the bus because she was bringing home the school bunny. Hmmm. So I got in the car and went to pick her up with our new-temporary pet, Flopsie. That thing was HUGE! He was easy to take care of and kept the kids entertained, so it was no big deal to have him for a visit.

The NJE school pet, Flopsie


Soren and some school friends taking a "fall" picture as part of a school project



Everything is still about the same. We have not added any new activities in the last two weeks (not like we could, even if we wanted too!). Reese is reading like crazy. It is so neat how they just suddenly pick it up and then they are reading everything they can see. She loves to write, too. She spells everything phonetically, so it is sometimes hard to decipher, but it is really neat. They have to memorize short poems and nursery rhymes at school and she will write them down, in her own spelling. I love it.


She also learned a new skill on the trampoline! She has mastered the flip.




Grandma Charlotte is finally home from her summer long trip to Alaska so we are excited to go up and spend Halloween with her and do lots of fun crafts and eat good food! But first, this weekend the girls, along with all of their cousins (except for little Alissa), will do the Kids Monster Tri! This is the triathlon that Reese and Avery did last year. It will be neat to see them all compete in the same race.
the cousins

some of the fam

1 comment:

Sam and Ann Gonzalez said...

Sounds like you are having fun, as usual! I don't think your house is ever boring. We are in the Ft. Worth area, and would love to see you guys. I don't have your phone number with me (we forgot a few things..), but you can call us at 817-505-7552, or send me your number and I will call you. We would love to get together.