Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break

Not the most exciting of spring breaks, but any break from school where I get to have my girls home with me is all the excitement I need.

I have been painting like crazy. I started at my house with a bike room makeover and then tackled the stairs (think long and hard before you decide to paint the wall going up your stairs!). With Kara's help, both were a great success. Then I moved on to Charlotte's house where a massive remodeling is in full swing. The girls and I spent three days there where I got to help paint, wall paper, demolish and, of course, take trips around town on the cool golf cart. From there we journeyed to Kara's house where we painted the master bedroom, complete with 50 foot ceilings (that may be a slight exaggeration, but those walls are TALL) and about 500 windows (pretty sure that is the correct number) as well as the master bath. Whew. I had in mind to start on my master bedroom because I fell in love with a color that Charlotte and I painted in one of her bathrooms, but I think I will take a paint break for a while. Besides, the weather forecast for this week is AWESOME!

During all of this painting, the girls have enjoyed lots of cousin time as well as Grandma and Nana time. Thank you to everyone who hosted us during our spring break!

Now it is count down to summer. If the weather really does take a turn for the better then I may just make it after all. I was beginning to wonder these last two days while we have been battered with freezing temps and 50 mph winds.

A funny story: I had a dream that Pete and I were in Las Vegas and we were partying hard. When I woke up the next morning I looked down and across my entire chest was a giant tattoo of the Texas flag. That was a nightmare. In my dream I was crying and telling Pete that I would have to wear turtle necks for the rest of my life and my hair just does not look good when I wear a turtle neck. Man, I am glad that was just a dream!

1 comment:

MattandSara said...

I lost your blog address and then it dawned on me that there's a link on my sisters blog...duh. So I've been catching up tonight. A dog, huh? It looks like a black lab mix of some sort. We have a black lab (and are currently looking for a companion for her) and love her. A little "needy" but so is everyone else in my house so she fits right in. Good to hear about your events. I took 4 months off of running due to a fracture but started back and I am Sooooo glad to be back into it...and so are the love handles!