Monday, December 20, 2010

The First Christmas of 2010

As I am sure is true for most people with children, Soren and Reese will have 4 Christmases to celebrate. This past weekend we had the joy of our first celebration with Papaw and Mamaw.

There is so much going on in the metroplex for the holidays and Pete and I decided to plan some activities during the visit, so we consulted the internet and ended up with a trip to the Cowboys Stadium and an evening at Medieval Times. Not exactly holiday entertainment, but we had a blast. I am not a huge football fan and I am not willing to pay for a ticket to watch the Cowboys play, but I have been wanting to see this new stadium that catches my eye everytime I drive down I30. This weekend was the Texas High School State Championship game and a local team was playing, so we were able to check out the amazing facility at a price I can live with. Saturday we ventured to Medieval Times where we were thoroughly entertained and enjoyed a great meal with our fingers. Sunday brought church and lunch and then it was time to say good bye and send Papaw and Mamaw down the road. As is our tradition, the in-between times were spent at the house playing games and putting together a puzzle. It was a great visit and we are so grateful for the blessing of family!






apparently Reese is not a huge football fan, either!













No comments: