Saturday, February 1, 2014

HiTS Marble Falls Triathlon 4.27.13


For the first time, Pete and I raced the same full iron distance tri!  We decided to branch out and try something other than Ironman because they are so big and expensive.  We were extremely happy with this race and would like to do more of their events in the future!

Marble Falls, Tx April 27, 2013
2.4 mile swim (two loops, Lake Marble Falls)
112 mile bike (two loops)
26.2 mile run (two loops)

This was the most difficult course that I have done for this distance.  The swim was absolutely perfect.  Not crowded.  Clear water.  Great temps.  Couldn't ask for better swim conditions.  The bike had some decent elevation making for a slower average and very tired legs going into the hilly run.  What a great experience!  It was my slowest time for this distance but I loved the challenge.  The smaller field payed off on the podium, too!  Pete was 3rd overall male and I was the overall female winner!  Woot!  It was a fantastic day and I am so grateful for the ability, time, resources and support to be able to do this fun sport.  How lucky am I to not only share this hobby with my husband but to have him as my coach and biggest supporter as well.  I do not take this for granted.  Thank you, Lord for this blessing in my life!

Pete's Times: 
Swim - 1:04
Bike - 6:01
Run - 4:18
Race Finish - 11:30

Sara's Times:
Swim - 1:09
Bike - 6:20
Run - 5:34
Rae Finish - 13:12








 Danna and Eric raced the half iron distance



I know I have said it before, but the picture below captures the sentiment.  Triathletes are a good group of people.  In my experience they are very supportive of one another even though they are competitors.  Here we are, about to take off on a 140 mile race against each other, but we stop and pray together first.  We pray for the safety of each and every person.  We do not know each other and we all hope to beat the other to the finish line but there is great respect and consideration above all.  Love it. 


































As always, I need to thank Pops for the amazing pictures.  Thank you to Nana for standing out in support for over 13 hours!  Thank you to Mamaw and Papaw who came from North Carolina to support us!  Wow.  You guys really know how to make a person feel loved.

No comments: