Monday, June 2, 2008

Congratulations Soren!....and........Way to go Reese!

Those of you with kids in Texas public schools are well aware of the TAKS tests that are all that seem to matter. It is pretty much all the schools care about now. I do not agree with the whole system, but it is still exciting when your kid does well on any kind of test. In 3rd grade you take the reading and math portions and they stress that if you do not pass, you do not go on to the 4th grade. Soren is a straight A student. Never made a B on her report card and she was still nervous about these tests. Well, we found out last week that she missed one question on the reading test and made a perfect score on the math portion. I think that is incredible. I am so proud of her. Our school was rated "exemplary" for the 7th year in a row, which is also incredible. That means that the majority of the students scored "commended" (missed 3 questions or less). There are not many schools that receive this rating. We also had 100% of our 5th graders pass. Anyway, lots of celebrating going on at school this week.


And now I gotta brag on my 4 year old who can ride a 2 wheel bike! Way to go, Reese! I have a video that I will post when I get home. So cute.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Yea Soren and Reese!

Adams Family said...

What accomplishments on both parts! I know the stress those tests put on sweet kids, and I hate to see kiddos be bothered by them. I am so glad to hear the Soren overcame that huge obstacle. Congrats to the girls and a proud Mom!