Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ahhhhh, Taper!

10 days! That's it. 10 days. I'm as ready as I am going to get. This week started my 2 week taper to race day. That means no more 19 hour weeks. I did the training, so I am confident that I can finish the race. My goal, though, is to finish and not feel like I am dieing! Remember all of the pictures of Pete during his 2 ironman races? He was ALWAYS smiling. I want to feel like that. I want to walk away and say I had a blast. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity and hope that it will be a very memorable experience.

I was reviewing the race rules and thought these were funny:

  • NO PUBLIC NUDITY ALLOWED! This is posted in the rules as it is talking about exiting the swim and getting ready for the bike portion. It says to please use the tents to dress. I thought it was funny that they had to post that, and in all caps no less!
  • You can only Run, Walk or Crawl to the finish. No other form of movement will be allowed. Um. ok. Not sure if that is to let us know that we can't roller blade or something?

Anyway. I am very excited. I laugh at myself when I sit and think about how long the race is. What was I thinking?

No comments: