Saturday, February 7, 2009

working women

I am SO excited! For 3 years I have wanted to replace the ivory flat paint that is on every wall in my entire house. I have been overwhelmed by the thought because I have rounded corners and it seems that you have to repaint the whole house if you paint at all. Lucky for me I have a very generous sister with impeccable taste and a mom always willing to work. Friday I took everything off of the walls downstairs and taped the edges. This morning at 8:30 Kara and I started faux finishing the walls with mom doing all of the "go" work. We broke for lunch and by 7 pm not only was the job done, but everything was back in it's place. I cannot believe the difference. We were the perfect team. Had it not been for mom, Kara and I would be long from finished, and had it not been for Kara...well, it would either look terrible or it would have cost me considerably more (I only spent $100 and we only used half of what we bought! sweet!) So here is the finished look. It won't mean anything to you if you did not know what it looked like before, but it is an amazing difference. Thank you so much Mom and Kara for sacrificing your weekend and working so hard all for my benefit!




1 comment:

mat said...

WOW That does look great.

By the way, where are all the thanks for the boys taking care of all the kids so that no one was in the way of progress!?!

You are welcome :)