Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Savoring Spring Break

Ahhh. Spring Break. It is the best. This year was extra best because #1 we had AWESOME weather ALL week long and #2 we got to hang with the cousins. As I have said many times before, I have simply the best family ever. Kara, Jodi and I kid swapped which allowed 24 hours with 7 kids aged 12 months to 10 years followed by 48 kidless hours. A trade well worth it I'd say.

Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon were my "on" hours with the kids. This group is great anytime, but when you add perfect weather to the mix, all you have to do is have A LOT of food on hand and the rest takes care of itself. I can't imagine a better group of kids to be in charge of. It was truly a pleasure to have them.

I did not take many pictures. This one is obviously forced, but at least I got them all :)


gotta throw in nakey alissa
the big kids decided to build a playhouse. I was very impressed with the progress they made. Those beams are heavy!

later, Soren turned it into her flower garden where she planted sunflowers

After a night at Kara's house and then Jodi's house, we all crashed at Nana's house on Friday night (Pops was "conveniently" out of town for the weekend). We went to bed early to rest up for the first annual "Run to the House 5k" race on Saturday morning. Nana sponsored all of us to run, and run we did! Nana, Jodi and I ran the 5k while Mat graciously watched/assisted the 7 kids on their 1 mile run. What a fun day. Thanks, Nana for providing the opportunity and thank you, Mat for making it possible!
cool and the gang
Nana and I both won 2nd place in our age groups! woo hoo!
of all of the 1 mile racers, kids as well as adults, Soren won 1st place and Wyatt won 2nd! Pretty cool. The Parker gang went away with a good stash of hardware!

Ashton, Parker and Avery enjoying the bounce castle entertainment
All in all, a fabulous spring break. We are so very blessed!
Now, back to the real world. Count down to summer break is on!

No comments: