Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Two Down

Just as the whole H1N1 thing seemed to calm down, my girls caught it and caught it good. I had the great privilege of going to a Beth Moore seminar this weekend and assumed Soren was swimming in her meet. During a break I checked my phone because I asked her to text me her swim times and instead I had a text from Pete saying Soren had done her warm up and while waiting for the meet to start she was freezing and had body aches. Great. He took her to a nearby drug store to take her temp and then took her home with her fever rising and nose gushing.

Sunday she had a severe ear ache so I took her to an emergency care place to get her started on antibiotics for the ear and she tested positive for type A flu. The nurse asked if there were any siblings and I told her about Reese; her reply was, "well, then we will probably see you back here in a week."

Within hours of returning home from the emergency care with Soren, Reese began to run a fever and soon had all of Soren's symptoms. Our family doctor generously called in Reese's medicine without making me bring her in to be tested. There is no doubt she has the same illness.

So we have been home these four days fighting fever and cough, watching movies, doing crafts, playing games, reading... When Nana heard about the girls she came down for the day and brought some fun holiday crafts and even ended up taking the girls home with her. They were able to rest on a different couch in front of a different television and that was a nice treat. Not to mention a huge help to me. I was able to disinfect the house and even get my workouts in without feeling like I was ignoring my sick girls. Thank you, Nana!

As of tonight the plan is for both girls to return to school tomorrow. They had a good day with no fever. Soren seems to still be pretty tired, but Reese seems 100%. Hopefully that ordeal is behind us now. We only have 12 days before we leave for Cozumel! We need to be healthy to lay on the beach!

No comments: