Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Mexico Girls' Weekend - Day 3

Our last day. It's so sad to think that we are leaving in the morning. I am definitely leaving refreshed, renewed, excited, fulfilled and immensely grateful for my friends. We have had such a wonderful getaway and I appreciate this time more than I could ever express. God is so faithful to me and all glory to Him for all the blessings I have received this wonderful weekend.

So today we went horseback riding. This was a huge stretch for me. I am afraid of horses. There, I said it. But it went really well and I had a good time. I can't go so far as to say that I now enjoy horseback riding or that I will go looking for the opportunity, but it went so much better than I was anticipating.

We rode for a couple of hours with a long break to hunt for pecos diamonds! That was SO COOL! They are the neatest looking rocks I have ever seen, even cooler than the hexagons. I am coming home with a huge bag of them and I can't wait to show the girls.

After our ride we came home to a wonderful lunch prepared by our new friend Deanna and rested a little before we headed back out, this time to a whole new section of pasture, to search for more treasures.

We ended our day with a steak cookout that lead into an hours long laugh/cry/brag/nag/bond session that we will treasure all of our lives. This time together is etched in my heart as a life changing experience; I am so grateful.

Enjoy the pics. See ya back in Texas!



Mother's Day breakfast




hunting those pecos diamonds!






No comments: