Saturday, September 15, 2007

Trinity River Trash Bash


Soren is my little go-getter. Any offer that comes home from school to participate in a club or activity; she wants to be a part of. This year she is old enough to be a "CEO" at her school. They volunteer in the community and run the school's recycle program. Today was their first activity and it was picking up trash near the trinity river. Soren, Reese and I went and had a good time helping and visiting. It was a great success; I could not believe how much trash was collected! Lots of people showed up to help. Soren will go to school 30 minutes early every Tuesday to help with the recycle drop and will deliver meals on wheels on Wednesdays. She has committed to volunteer in the community a minimum of 10 hours this school year. I am really proud of her. She really loves to help.

1 comment:

Amy Woods said...

Wow! That is so awesome! I can totally picture her as an adult still doing the same thing.