Monday, October 8, 2007

2nd Annual Benbrook Women's Sprint Triathlon

Yesterday was the anniversary of my first sprint triathlon. I am hoping to make this race a tradition since it was my first. This year I had two goals; to improve on my time from last year and to bike at an average over 18 mph. I thought I was only successful in one of those, but according to the race results, I did both! Very exciting. A sprint race is so different from the half that I did in August. You go all out for the entire race, so it is quite painful, but over quickly. They are really fun and this event is packed with such friendly women. I am hoping next year to do this race with my mom and Soren; that would be awesome!


Soren, in her official "volunteer" shirt! And Tiffy, of course

heading out on the bike



coming into the finish






my biggest fan!

3rd place, yea!

And this is my friend Sara; she is a TRIATHLETE! I am trusting her to tell you all about it on her blog...ask her about it if she does not!


I don't know what we were doing here, but I thought this was a funny picture!


Such a great time!

1 comment:

MattandSara said...

That picture cracks me up. What WERE we doing? Congrats on your great time and ranking!