Monday, October 22, 2007

The goings on

We had a nice, relaxing weekend with not much that we absolutely had to do. We had our quarterly night out with the neighbors on Friday. This time we rented a Hummer limo and went down to Sundace Square. Believe it or not, this was my first time in a limo! We had a great time. Reese went to spend the night with Avery and Soren went home with a friend from school, so we could have gone anywhere and I would have been happy.








On Saturday I was able to go Denton and watch an old friend get married. Mike Speck and I were in the youth group at Singing Oaks together for 5 years and made a pact that if we were not married by the time we were 25 then we would marry each other. I had not seen him in years and did not even recognize him; his mom had to point him out to me. He looks great and he and his new wife seem very happy. Congratulations, Mike!

While in Denton, Pete and I cleaned up Pop's boat and took pictures because he wants to sell it; anyone interested in a 1993 Malibu ski boat?




Soren got some exciting news at school today. She was chosen to be on the UIL Storytelling team. She did this event last year and loved it. She was very glad to have the opportunity to do it again. The cool thing is that her cousin Wyatt was chosen for the same event at his school in The Colony. Pretty neat. The problem is that practice is at the exact same time as swim team, so we will have to train at home for the UIL competition.


Reese continues to crack me up. Today was rainy and cold and we laid around the house all day which allows for many conversations. I noticed that she is using the words "sweet" and "cool" a lot. We were watching out the window and a guy rode by on his bike. He was sitting backwards on it; I have no idea how he was able to pedal and steer but he was doing great. Reese said "oh mom, that's sweet! How is he able to make that?" When the mail came she had a package from Papaw and Mamaw and each item that came out of the bag was "so tool (cool)". I love that she says tool instead of cool and I do not even correct her.


So that's what is going on with us. Just living day to day and trying to soak up every minute with our kids who continue to bless us in every way.

3 comments:

Ann said...

You guys do the most amazing things! Rent a limo for a night out with the neighbors?! That is crazy. I'm sure you had a great time. When we go somewhere with our neighbors, we all cram into one car (usually ours) and go to the least expensive place possible. I love reading about all you do. We miss you guys! Ann

tamandscott said...

Wow, that sounds so fun! Our night out with our neighbors would be to a bingo parlor (we so have to move). I've never been in a limo, either!!

Anita said...

What a great night out with friends!!! Y'all really go all out.