Saturday, October 13, 2007

Crazy Busy Day




Today was so exciting...and so busy. The girls and I left after school yesterday and headed up to Grandma Charlotte's house for the Reuel Little Classic. It is a race that hosts 1 mile, 5K, 10K, and half marathon distances. We ran it last year and had a great time. This year Grandma sponsored ALL of us (Soren, Reese, Jacob, Andrew, Me and herself). We got up bright and early this morning and had our traditional race morning breakfast of powdered sugar donuts and walked over to the park for the races. Reese, Jacob, Andrew and Grandma all ran the 1 mile. Soren ran the 5k and I ran the half marathon. It was such a great day; we all had a blast. The 1 milers received participant ribbons, Soren took 2nd place in the 1-8 age group and I was 3rd overall woman, 2nd in my age group. Then to boot, Reese won the drawing for the bike give away. It is a 24 inch bike, so I am not sure what we will do with it until she is 12 and can ride it! Such a great time.




We got back to Grandma's house at noon, showered and hit the road back home arriving in enough time to get dressed up for the Fall Festival at Soren's school. We left the house at 5:30 and played until they shut down the event at 9:00.



While the girls and I ran, Pete was on the road for the Paluxy Pedal bike tour. He did the 60 mile route and then came with us to the festival...and Tiffy too.


We have had one busy day. Thank you, Grandma, for sponsoring all of us in the race. We had so much fun!

2 comments:

charlotte said...

what a good looking bunch of super athletes! I think I had the most fun of all. notice the wonderful shirts sara made for all of us to run in. I am the luckiest grandma ever!!love you all

charlotte said...

who are those characters in the photo....almost scary aren't they. I want to see tiffy in her costume too. lov ya