Thursday, January 24, 2008

So she says

Reese is growing up. I have tried and tried to stop her but she says "God is making me. He gives me heart medicine and I grow."

She says so many funny things that seem to come from no where. She was sound asleep in the car as we drove to see Pops and Nana on Sunday when all of a sudden she opens her eyes and says "Isn't it a great day to go swimming?" So we went swimming. All of the cousins got to go, too, which makes it extra special. Reese and Avery are so fun to watch. They are such great swimmers. They can go off of the diving board and swim to the ladder completely unassisted. I think that is amazing.

Yesterday as we watched Soren at swim team (I know, we are ALWAYS around water) Reese says "mom, it is unusual that she did not want to come to our house." Me: "who?" Reese: "the girl on the elevator." Me: "you invited her to our house?" Reese: "of course!" I thought it was so funny that she used the word 'unusual'.

Today as we drove to mother's day out, we passed by the pond in our neighborhood. It has lots of turtles and we have been able to "rescue" many of them from the street back to the pond. Reese says "mom, we need to get the turtles and bring them to our house because the water is too cold in the fall." Me: "Well, God takes care of the turtles and they do not get too cold." Reese: "How?" Me: "I guess their shell keeps them warm???" Reese: "Don't they freak out?" I laughed out loud. I think I use that phrase a lot and she has picked it up. It just sounds so funny coming from her little voice.

She is such a joy. I cannot imagine life without my sweet Reese.

1 comment:

MattandSara said...

That's too cute! I'll never forget the time that Hollyn said, "Mom I promise I won't freak out." I think she was about 3 at the time and my sister was like, "Nice." I love hearing your Reeseisms so keep em coming!