Saturday, August 16, 2008

DeGray Lake Triathlon Festival Day One

Today Pete and I completed the Iron Mountain Half-Tri at DeGray Lake in Arkansas. This is the half that started it all last year (for me, anyway). Last year I did this race and it really got me hooked on the sport of long distance triathlons. This year was even better! Last year the weather was sunny and 100+ degrees. This year was overcast and 80 degrees. Nice. Pete and I both improved our times from last year and received awards! I was second in my age group and Pete was 3rd in his. So fun. It was an all new course, bike and run, due to construction and it was by far the most difficult race I have done so far. Solid hills for 5 hours. But we still had fun. Triathletes are the most friendly group of people I have ever been around and that makes this sport so much fun.

Here are our results:

Peter Underwood M 38:54 swim time, 2:07 transition 1, 2:50:40 bike time, 19.7 mph bike average, 1:10 transition 2, 1:31:58 run time, 7:05 run pace, 5:04:47 total race time

Sara Underwood F 37:48 swim time, 3:29 transition 1, 3:00:39 bike time, 18.6 mph bike average, 3:00 transition 2, 1:51:17 run time, 8:34 run pace, 5:36:10 total race time

Stay tuned tomorrow for day 2 of the festival. Nana is racing!

And now, lots of great pictures. Thanks Pops!!


that's me looking like a dork in my goggles

I love these kind of pictures

sea of swimmers

Guess what....I beat Pete out of the water by 1 minute!!!! Sweet!



smiling, as usual
focus focus focus
I was smiling because I had no idea what was coming up on this run!


you can tell by the look on my face that this was my 2nd loop of the run and I knew exactly what was ahead of me

Pete's finish! 23rd overall, 3rd in age group, 10th fastest run overall


Sara's finish. 8th overall woman, 2nd in age group


finisher's medals


Awards medals!

No comments: