Wednesday, August 27, 2008

shots and shiny money

Reese had to get her 4 year old shots Monday. 5 of them! I don't know what it is about immunizations but they give me so much anxiety. I really hate taking the kids to get them. I guess it is the thought of someone hurting my kids or something. I actually teared up this time because she had to lay there while they poked her 5 times. She had Pete with her so that made it much better.

When I was little, anytime I had to get a shot my mom would take me to a store and let me buy something, so I told Reese that is what we would do. She decided she would like to find a new backpack for her mother's day out school that starts next week. When it was time to go she grabbed the purse where she keeps her money. I asked why she was bringing her money and explained that I would buy her a backpack and that she could keep her money. She pulled out the dollar bills and said "I want to spend these because they are really old and dirty, but I want to keep my shiny money."

Later we were playing and she decided she wanted to paint outside. We were still in our shopping clothes so I suggested that we go in and change first. She said "ok mom, you go put on some play clothes. I don't want them to be wedding clothes or school clothes or even church clothes, only play clothes." I thought the wedding clothes statement was pretty funny.

I am so so glad I have her home with me for one more year. It is funny how emotional I am about it; I am not an emotional person. I just remember when Soren started kindergarten and she was gone all day everyday and I am not ready for that this time.

1 comment:

MattandSara said...

That's too cute! Don't you just love how the brain of a four year old works. I'm glad you get to have her around another year too. We're waiting two more years for Noah and I can say that I'm happy about that.