Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Two Weeks!

Two weeks ago I dropped the girls off at Grandma's house and all I knew was that they were going to take a trip in the motor home. They did not know where they were going or when they would be back. Two weeks! I enjoy breaks from the kids, but two weeks was too long! But they had a great time and I am so glad they had the opportunity to do this; I know they will never forget it. They ended up going to New Mexico and Colorado and enjoyed horseback riding, tubing, swimming, hiking, paddle boating and anything else they could find. Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa for taking my kids on an adventure they will cherish forever.


snoozing as they cruised down the highway. what a way to travel!

Jahootie, Grandma's gnome who gets to go everywhere!

renting a paddle boats allows you to make friends quickly!




home sweet home

not a bad camp site!


natural hot springs











Albuquerque




Pre was VERY happy to see the girls when they got home!

The weekend before the girls came home I decided to go up to Denver to watch Danna race her first olympic triathlon in Boulder. Nana decided to go with me and we headed out a few short hours later, loaded with our bikes. We had such a great trip and I enjoyed some amazing riding around the Boulder Reservoir. Danna had a great race and we are excited to go back next month to watch her race her first half ironman!


Blogger wont let me put these pictures in order, so here are the race pics, out of order.

resting and refueling after a great race

finished in 3:05

heading out on the 10k run

heading out for the 26 mile bike, including the killer old stage hill. 15% grade for 1.2 miles.

a hang glider carries a huge flag over the beach as the national anthem plays before the start of the race


a gorgeous Boulder, Colorado morning


transition set up, check!

No comments: