Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

What a wonderful Holiday. I love Valentine's Day; Pete and I are not even that into it, but I just think it is such a sweet day. We are so romantic, infact, that I got Pete a new chain for his bike and he entered me into my next race (no small gift!). So now we are ready to roll. I will be completing the Lone Star Half Iron triathlon in Galveston on March 30th. I get to use my wet suit that Pete got me for Christmas! Should be fun.

The girls each got a new Webkinz for Valentine's Day. They were so excited. Pete snuggled the new pet next to them as they slept this morning. They love to get online and play games with each other's pets.


At school, Soren's class exchanged valentines but were not allowed to pass out any candy with them (new Texas nutrition law). Soren got an extra surprise. She had a giant heart shaped card with a box of chocolates left unanimously on her desk...a secret admirer!


It has been a roller coaster couple of weeks around here. Sick, well, sick, well, hot, cold, hot, cold. In the good times, Pete and Soren have enjoyed some mountain biking on Soren's new mountain bike (a splurge that her dad could not resist!). She has a blast even though she comes home missing quite a bit of skin, which looks great when she has to go to swim team. She is VERY tough. She had a fall that Pete described as really bad and she looked up at him and said "I want to cry, but I am not going to!" She could barely walk after the fall, but she got right back on the bike and kept going.

Reese has been battling upper respiratory and ear junk, but has been able to enjoy some hiking on her good days. We like to go to Cleburne State Park and hike around the lake. It is so cute to watch her bounce along.

1 comment:

MattandSara said...

Soren has an admirer! How fun. Matt would be crying if that were Hollyn! Glad to hear you guys had a great Valentines Day.