Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Week!




Another week has flown by! I am drowning in my "to do" list this week, but I wanted to get some of this stuff down and get the pictures off of my camera, ready for this weekend.

Wednesday when I had all of the kids, we decided to get out and go to the zoo. So did all of the DFW metroplex. When we neared the turn for the zoo we saw that the police had it blocked off and they said that all of the parking was full. I could not believe it! I told the kids and asked if they just wanted to go to the park; a resounding NO drove me another quarter mile up the road to a remote parking spot and after 30 minutes of walking, we were at the entrance.




After lots and lots of walking at the zoo, it was time to journey back to the car. The kids were awesome. They sang all the way back. We were all tired and hungry, so we decided to drop into Chilis for some dinner. We were at the end of our meal when the manager came and sat next to me and said "I do not normally do this, but let me explain what has happened." Those were her exact words and my heart sank. I thought the kids had been really good, especially considering how tired they all were, but I guess we had offended someone? Then she explained that there were some "regulars" sitting over in the bar and they had been watching us the whole time. They were so impressed with the behavior of all six kids that they wanted to pay for our meal! They said that good parenting is unusual and that it deserved a reward. So cool! The manager left and came back a few minutes later with free kids meal coupons for all six of them for their next visit as well. That was neat.


On Sunday we got to enjoy Easter combined with Parker's birthday up in Denton with all of the family. Good times!




Now I am trying to get everything ready for this weekend and the start of next week. Pete leaves Friday for a convention, and mom and I leave for my race in Galveston. Pray for good weather! Should be fun.

1 comment:

MattandSara said...

How cool! If it had been me, the manager would be saying, "Could you please leave because your kids are too loud!" JK. Makes you have warm fuzzies! You have two beautiful daughters!