Saturday, March 8, 2008

A new generation

Last week when we took Reese ice skating, Pete bought a Wii. Our 9 year old beats us at boxing and our 4 year old beats us at bowling. Soren can really jam on guitar hero, too! It is so crazy to me how much kids today know about electronics. Soren has a digital video camera that she can use to record clips and send out on email. She knows how to research things on the internet and insert pictures into word documents. She is a better typist than I am! Anyway, I was watching Reese beat Pete bowling on the Wii tonight and it struck me how different this generation is. Pretty cool. Hopefully it can be channeled into useful areas....like bowling and boxing :)



2 comments:

Tami said...

Tonya and Trey's kids are like that. It is amazing to me! I wonder, if we had more than Pong or Atari at Reese's age, if we would have been the same way. When Nintendo first came out, I was totally glued to Super Mario Brothers. I wouldn't stop playing it until I unlocked all the secrets and got to a million points. Scary and a little sad, I think. I was such a nerd.

I thought of you in the wee hours of the morning when I got up to see if we were under any severe weather watches. I could just imagine you and Soren on the porch with popcorn!

Anonymous said...

I played a Wii for the first time this past weekend. I totally stunk at it but it was fun! And just like Tami, I was a little nuts over Super Mario Bros when I was a kid. Where are all the GOOD games?