Monday, December 22, 2008

Colorado, Day 1

I am completely exhausted, but I wanted to post these because I know if I wait the post will be so long I will forget something.

Today was our first full day here. Soren and I skied while Pete instructed Reese as it was her first time on the slopes. Soren has skied once before (it was 4 years ago) but she took off as if she has been skiing her whole life. At the end of the day, as we came down a fast blue run, I had to finally admit that I will not ski as fast as she will. I will not point my skis down the mountain and just go. She is faster than me. There. I said it.
Pops, Nana, Trey, Danna, Mat, Kara, Wyatt, Ashton, Soren and I skied while Pete and Zach helped Reese and Avery on the bunny slopes. After lunch, Pops had had his fill of skiing and traded his skies for some time with Avery, so Zach was able to sneak in a few runs with us before we closed down the slopes. Everyone had a great time and everyone is exhausted.

I can't wait for tomorrow's adventures! Here are lots of great pictures of our wonderful day.

Avery and Reese


a few of our skiers getting ready to hit the slopes. look out, colorado, here comes texas!

Ashton, Wyatt, Soren, Danna, Trey, Nana and Pops

wyatt and soren
soren and wyatt on the lift



Kara, Mat, Wyatt, Ashton and Soren

Zach, Reese and Avery

my snow angel!

Sara, Soren and Wyatt

Wyatt, Soren and Pops

Pete and his helper (I mean the other way around....or do I?)

Reese's first time on the magic carpet!

soren and wyatt

Zach

Zach, Sara and Mat
lunch break

Pops and Sara

Pops
Kara

I was trying to capture the slope of this blue run that Soren and Wyatt skied, they are awesome skiers! and that is mat heading down the hill

zach, wyatt and mat

soren and kara

Mat, Wyatt and Soren

Danna, Trey, Kara, Sara, Mat, Wyatt, Zach and Soren on the top of the mountain before our last run of the day

Soren after the last run of the day!


A skiing tradition for us is to eat at Beau Jo's pizza in Idaho Springs on the way back down the mountain after a hard day of skiing...

I think this could re-fuel anyone! Wow! mmm it was so good!

No comments: