Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back to normal..for a couple of days

Soren and Reese are home! We picked Soren up from the airport Tuesday night and then met Kara to get Reese. It is so nice to have them home again. We are home for a couple of days and then it is off to the lake for the Parker family get together. Can't wait!

When I asked Soren what her favorite part about her trip to Denver was, she said that she really liked playing with Aunt Danna's laundry shoot and her dog, Duke (he is a HUGE mastiff). I thought that was an interesting answer considering she went on a train ride up the mountain, camping (the real kind of camping, in the mountains), hiking, white water rafting, to the water park, etc. I talked to Danna Tuesday morning before she took the kids to the airport and she said she was exhausted and does not understand how we do this all day everyday. I laughed and said "We don't! That is why this trip was such a wonderful opportunity for the kids!" They all had a great time.

On the ride home from the airport Reese was complaining that her stomach ached and then proceeded to empty her belly all over the car. I think Kara did that on purpose. She knows I can handle almost anything EXCEPT vomit.

The girls missed each other more than they missed Pete and I. I love that they missed each other, but I wish they missed me a little :) But it is great to be home together. What is the saying? Absence makes the heart grow fond.

2 comments:

Ann said...

You guys have way too much fun in the summer! or anytime of the year. I'm glad Soren had fun in Colorado and Reese with cousins. Victoria and Sofia are visiting their cousins in Texas and will be back next week. The house is way too quiet without them around. Have fun with the rest of the summer!!!

MattandSara said...

Glad your family is back in tact. I remember watching my sisters two oldest kids before I had any. I was EXHAUSTED! I thought I would never be able to be a mother. Then she reminded me that I got them at the ages of 2 and 4 which is very different then having them from the beginning! True.