Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Congratulations Soren!

One of the things I love about Soren's new swim team is that the kids are actually recognized for all of their hard work. For some reason USA Swimming does not give out medals or ribbons for the meets and I think that really stinks. The kids are never told the final place that they earned in a race. We are in a different league now and Soren has only competed in one meet but she was given ribbons today with her official times. She got 3rd place in the 10 and under 50 yd butterfly, 3rd place in the 50 yd freestyle and 4th place in the 200 yd freestyle. I am so proud of her and all of the hard work that she is putting into this. Yea Soren!!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Okay - to catch up...

1. Yea, Soren! She is so talented. I am so glad you guys are allowing her to compete the way she does.

2. I still cannot get over Pete doing the Ironman Race. I have told several people about it. I still can't imagine being in as good of shape as you guys are...it is a far cry from our days of sitting under GMF's bed eating candy.

3. I posted a more detailed description of what happened last week on my blog. The original title was "Just for Sara" but I decided not to put you on the spot. I promise Thomas or I will call you when something good happens!!

4. Love the fact that you guys have such a close knit neighborhood family. The camping pictures were great and it looked like you guys had a great time! Wish my neighbors would do that...