Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nana's First Triathlon

My mom is a triathlete! Today I had the privilege of watching Nana complete her very first race. It was so neat to be there for such an exciting event in her life. She raced the Iron Brother's Super Sprint Triathlon on Lake Joe Pool. It was a 400 yard swim, 11 mile bike and 2 mile run. She came home with a 3rd place trophy after having a flat on the bike portion. I'd say that is pretty good! She came in smiling even after that disappointing diversion. I am so proud of her! Congratulations on a great first race, mom!








Nana's swim wave gathered in the water waiting on the gun to go off






and they're off!!




bringing her bike out of transition 1




headed out on the bike....her flat was about 7 miles into the ride :(






She had a really strong run!





ahhh! finished!




receiving her medal













2 comments:

tamandscott said...

That is so amazing! I am so impressed with your family!! Way to go Sara's mom!

Tami said...

WOW! Aunt Sheri did awesome! BTW - thanks for the invite for Callie the other day. I really appreciate you thinking of us!