Saturday, July 12, 2008

Switcheroo

Swapped with Kara today. Now she has kids and I don't. Reese, Ashton, Wyatt and Avery had a blast on the water slide. They did not want to do anything else. So we played on the slide in the morning, came in for a while during the heat of the day and went back out for the evening. Easy enough for me! We have the best kids ever.









Pete took the kids to Kara this morning and I took off for the Peach Pedal 100k bike tour in Weatherford. That was a fun ride! I am really enjoying riding right now. I have had the opportunity to ride a lot since we came home from Idaho and Pete has helped me get the nutrition part of biking under control. When you ride for extended periods you need quite a few calories and what your body will and will not take in while exercising is something that takes some figuring out. I have found that my stomach can handle sweet things like Fig Newtons and Gatorade for up to 3 hours and then it starts saying no to me. Pete got me using this high calorie drink mix and I love it! I took two years to try it because I am a big baby when it comes to trying new things. The best part is that it feels so light in my stomach and I love not having to chew anything, just drink and go! Pretty cool. That puts me one step closer to being able to do an iron distance! woo hoo!




Other exciting news...tomorrow is my mom's first triathlon! I am SO excited to go see her race. She has worked harder for this than anything I can remember and the best part is that she is doing it for herself; no one enticed her to do it. Honestly, she got the inspiration the same way Pete and I did, going to see some of the races. Soren did the first few triathlons in our family and Pete and I had so much fun at the events that we sold our boat and bought bikes. That was two years ago this month and look how far we have come. It is such a neat sport that has opportunities that fit every level of fitness.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Fw1GdRKkc

I had signed up for a race for tomorrow as well, but when I found out that it was the same day as my mom's race I decided I would rather go cheer for mom, so Pete is racing in my place. I just told him on Wednesday. That is ok. He will be fine! :)

So now I need to go take advantage of a quiet house and get some studying done....

No comments: