Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back in the saddle again

FINALLY after 3 weeks, coach (Pete) allowed me to resume running yesterday! Those three weeks were the worst thing about doing an iron distance triathlon. After training so hard for so long, doing so little made me feel like a real slacker! I should have been swimming everyday, but the pool that I use has a busted heater and the temp is only 74 degrees. That is wetsuit legal for a triathlon! I swam for a long time yesterday and my face never got warm, but it does make you swim fast and not take breaks at the wall.

Now I have to buckle down and work my distances back up for the San Antonio Rock-n-Roll marathon on 11/16. I am really excited to make this a fun race. There is no way for me to really train for it since it is so soon, but it should be a great time. Pops, Nana, Kara and Zach are all doing their first half marathon and Pete and I will slug out the marathon distance. I am most excited about a great post-race San Antonio meal! The goal is to get all of your burned calories back in one sitting! That is a challenge but I am sure we are all up to it.

So no more stalling...gotta get out there and run.

3 comments:

Amy Woods said...

I almost did the Rock-n-roll in San Antonio too! I'm training for a half marathon so I decided to do the White Rock in Dallas in December. If I love it I may train for a full. We'll see! But Rob and Emily are running the Rock-n-roll in S.A. too! I think Rob is running the full. Not sure what Emily is running. Anyway...I know you wanted to know all of that didn't you?

MattandSara said...

Oh look, my sister beat me to it. My SIL desperately wanted us to do the SA marathon but it was a bit too soon after the triathlon and I really wanted to do that one again to see any improvement. I'm not sure I'm with my sister on the full marathon...dude, intervals are a nightmare and 5 miles feels like forever. We'll see though. I always said I'd never run and look at me now! Thanks to you!

Amy Woods said...

Hey! I was hoping to be able to email you. I have a nutrition/running question for you and/or Pete. Could you email me at beanrawoods@gmail.com? I know its exactly what you wanted to do!!!