Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just keep driving

I am not sure about the rest of the metroplex, but down here gas prices are dropping like flies. You can all thank me for that. You see, I have to pass the same station each time I leave my house and for the past 6 days, without fail, each time I pass the price has dropped. It has become a game for me. I have less than 1/4 tank of gas because I can't wait to see how much lower the price has dropped the next time I pass by. I am totally serious. Yesterday at 4:15 we left for swim team and the price was 3.14, when we came home it was 3.02, this morning I dropped Reese off at school and the price was 2.99, when I picked her up 4 hours later it was 2.98, left for swim team it was 2.88, came home just now and it is 2.85. Woo Hoo! I will keep driving by so that you guys can enjoy these super low prices! You're welcome.


No Respect...
Last night while Soren was swimming, the local emergency groups (fire, ambulance, police) put on a demonstration in the YMCA parking lot. It was very interesting. They simulated a car wreck with a dummy inside and had someone call 911. Police arrive, followed by fire truck and ambulance. The car is smoking and they can't get the victim out, so they cut open the car with the jaws of life...so cool! Then they put her on a stretcher and take her inside the ambulance only to realize that she needs to be care flighted, so in comes the helicopter! After it was all over, we got to get inside all of the rescue vehicles and see everything up close. It was a great demonstration and I really think the kids got a lot out of it. Anyway, when we got home Reese told me that she wants to be a "police" when she grows up and proceeded to ask me what I am going to be when I grow up. I explained that I am already grown and I am a mom. She kinda laughed and said, "yea, but what are you going to BE". I guess being a mom doesn't count.

2 comments:

Parker Blog said...

It's not working so well here.....I paid 3.09 this morning, so drive by here.

MattandSara said...

HaHa! That Reese is funny! Keep driving sister!