Tuesday, October 21, 2008

running casualty

I have had my first experience with a very common running problem. There are funny poems and songs about how runners lose their toenails. They turn black and fall off. One guy has collected his and made a necklace. That is really gross. Anyway, I was very glad after my White Rock marathon and again after Redman that I did not have ANY toenail issues. Sunday I felt something funny in my sock, I checked it only to find my nail hanging on by a mere thread of skin at the top. I turned to Pete and said "my whole toenail is off!" He came over, looked at it, yanked it off and agreed, yes it is. He says it is residual from my race but I wondered why it fell off since it did not ever turn black. So strange. It feels weird. I showed it to Soren and she asked me if I was going to eat it. That is REALLY gross. Pete says when he starts doing ultra running he is going to the doctor to have all of his removed. I think God gave them to us for a reason. right?


By the way...my drive by's are still working. Today gas is $2.25/gallon. Yea for gas wars!

2 comments:

MattandSara said...

My friend told me about that and it was added to my list of "why God does not intend for our bodies to do marathons" list. I mean, seriously, that's crazy. Did it hurt? Keep driving by that gas station!

Parker Blog said...

I concur, My second one is on its way off. Also have a nipple problem now. Looks like Band-Aids or duct tape from now own.
Pops