Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Recap

Wow. What a weekend. I am exhausted. Ok, so here's a recap...

Saturday 5 am

Left the house and headed to Keller for Reese and Avery's first triathlon! Oh my goodness; it was ADORABLE! The kids were awesome. It was a balmy 50 degrees, so getting out on the bike while wet from swimming was hard on some of them. I have a great video that I hope to post as soon as Pete shows me how (I know, I have promised that before). The race was a 25 yard swim, 1 mile bike and a 1/3 mile run. They did not time the kids, so everyone was a winner and got a medal. When it was over Reese said that her favorite part was the swimming...hmm, do we have another swimmer emerging?

maybe a little too early for pictures?

pete, reese, avery and zach lined up to start the swim



reese's awesome freestyle!


cruising on the bike


heading out on the run


bringing it home for a strong finish!


one proud little triathlete!


Avery on the bike portion


check out Avery's little red nose! It was COLD!

Nice Job!


Best Cousins


After the race we all went separate ways. Reese went home with Avery to spend the night, Pete went to do a 3 hour trail run and I took Soren to Rockwall for another swim meet. The meet was great. Soren continues to improve her times; her biggest improvement this time was 22 seconds on her 200 IM! WOW! Way to go, Soren!



Soren with her swim coach

As usual, the meet went quite long. Soren and I arrived home at 7 pm and she quickly changed and we took her to a birthday party. She came home at 10 pm and we all crashed.

Sunday 6 am

We left the house and headed back to Keller for Nana's triathlon. What a great race. It was the Monster Triathlon which is a really fun event. It had an awesome turnout with 520 athletes. Nana took 2nd place in her age group! That means that she has done 3 races and has received 3 medals. Not bad.

Pops took us to lunch and then we headed to his house for Avery's 5th birthday party. All of the cousins were there, which makes for an afternoon of endless playing and good times. Zach and Jodi surprised Avery and rented a bounce house for the party, so we only saw the kids when there was a casualty or hunger.


check out Parker's face art. those are genuine cement scrapes he is sporting!
this is the only snap shot I got of the kids today. sorry, I was slacking. I bet pops has some good ones, though!





We are home now and the girls are passed out cold; I don't think I could wake them if I had to. Another fun filled weekend! Watch the parker blog http://www.theparkersblog.blogspot.com/ for pics of Nana's race!

1 comment:

Anita said...

What a fun weekend!!! I wish I'd known y'all were at the traithalon in Keller. I was trying to get to the other side of Keller from NRH to pick up my kids at Grandma's while the road was blocked off!

This weekend 11/1 is when we are supposed to be getting together. Of course you are invited to come!