Monday, June 30, 2008

Camping with the Lakeview Circle Family

For our get together this quarter, all of the neighbors went camping. SO FUN. We thought it would be really hot, considering that it is June in Texas, but we were blessed with a breeze that kept things manageable. In fact, one of the funny stories of the weekend was about being too cold. I took sleeping bags for the girls and one for Pete and I to lay on, but no covers for us, because, well, it is Texas. Friday night I got so cold that I asked Pete to go sleep in the car so that I could have the sleeping bag to roll up in. For some reason my neighbors thought that was the funniest thing they had ever heard. Pete didn't mind, right Pete?

Anyway, about 40 of us went and had a great time. The best part is always the food!



some of our very dirty but very happy campers
like I said...the food!




watching a game of horse shoes
Clint, the master fire starter
all of the kids flocked around baby slone

1 comment:

tamandscott said...

How fun! I am moving to your neighborhood. Seriously. Where did y'all camp?