Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Bunny update







The morning after we discovered the bunnies, Soren discovered that they were on an ant bed and three of them were already dead. We dug a new home just a few feet away and waited until the next day to see if the mother would come back; she did not. So we made a trip to PetSmart and bought some milk and tiny bottles and they seem to be doing really well. Tonight one of them opened her eyes. The other three still have not but they still wander around. Soren and Katy are keeping them in a doll cradle. The girls and I were away from the house all day and when we got home we could only find 3 bunnies. The fourth one had gotten out of the cradle and snuggled in a blanket on the floor in my room. He ventured pretty far considering how small he is. It is a fun adventure! I sure hope they make it; they are adorable!













Yesterday I got an email from Soren's swim coach asking if we could run up to the pool for an interview. Burleson is getting a new magazine and wanted to do an article on the swim team. Soren has been wanting to go to that pool during open swim so that she could go off of the high dive, so I thought this was a great opportunity. While Soren was charming the reporter Reese was begging me to let her go off of the little diving board. They have a hard rule that you must jump off the board and swim to the ladder completely unassisted; no life jacket, floaties, parents in the water. I know Reese has made great improvements in her swimming, but I was very uneasy with the idea. She is very convincing, though. So I decided that I would let her try and if she has to get rescued then, well, she has to get rescued. She went off that board at least 50 times. I could not believe it. She ran from the back of the board and jumped way out in the water and swam with absolutely no problem back to the ladder, even coming up for a breath. I only had my cell phone and I don't know how to get the pictures off of it yet, but it was SO CUTE! Then, next to her on the high dive was Soren. She can't be happy just jumping, she had to dive. I still won't dive from a high dive. They had a blast. I was pretty impressed. It's sad when your kids are braver than you are. I am glad, though, because I am a pretty big scardy cat about things like that.

1 comment:

tamandscott said...

So cute! We found the same thing on the side of our house. Scott almost ran over them with the mower. We checked on them often and one day they were just gone. I bet the girls are loving getting to care for them. Have they named them, yet??