Sunday, June 3, 2007

All Rained Out



Today was the Solana Kid's triathlon in Westlake. Start time 7 am, transition area closes at 6:30. Last night I watched the weather and they said strong storm arriving at day break so I thought we would not be going. When the alarm went off at 4:30 I got up and checked the radar. All clear all the way out to Abilene. So off we went at 5 am. We got to the club, set up transition, warmed up in the pool and then it was time for the prerace meeting and line up. All of the kids were lined up and ready to go right at 7 am and then we heard a rumble. Everyone got quiet and listened for a minute. It was hard to tell if it was a rumble or just a motorcycle but then we really heard it and saw the lightening. We went inside the club to check the radar and at that time all we could see was part of the storm so for about 20 minutes we waited inside thinking we would just delay and start when it passed. Then there were reports of tornados and hail so we got out of there. Pete grabbed the bike and I grabbed the kids and we were in the car in 2 minutes. On the hour drive home we had hail and crazy lightening and rain coming down so hard you could not see the white lines on the road. We made it home safely and even had time to take a nap before it was time to get ready for church. They will not make up the Solana race but the kids will get free entry into the next race which is in July.


After church Pete had a 3 1/2 hour ride as well as an hour run and I had to swim 3300 meters, so I took the girls and headed for the YMCA and Pete headed to Granbury on his bike. After my swim I took the girls outside for some fun at the water park. We had such a good time. Reese has really taken off this week with her swimming. Nana had her on Thursday and Friday and said she was a little fish. I told Pete it was time to replace our broken camcorder. I have so much footage of Soren learning how to swim and I don't want to miss that with Reese. Such good times and I know they will pass quickly.

No comments: