Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Summer Fun




Today was the ultimate summer day. Soren was in her swim suit from 6:15 this morning until 9 pm tonight. She went to swim team from 7-9 and then she and her friend had a car wash. Our neighbors are the greatest in the world; anytime Soren and Katie decide to start a new business, all of the neighbors participate and give them their business. Last summer it was a dog walking business which turned out to be quite lucrative. When it gets hot, people do not want to take their dogs out and when a kid comes along and offers to walk it for a quarter and bathe it for 50 cents, they jump all over it. Soren and Katie stayed busy all summer with that. The car wash was no different. At the end of the day 5 kids split the earnings and walked away with 10 bucks each. That includes a couple of swim breaks to the neighborhood pool.




We have a ton of kids on our block and they are all blessed to have caring parents with strong moral values. That makes for great play mates and peace of mind for me. I know there is always someone looking out for my kids when they are outside and I do not have to worry about what is on the radio or TV when they go to a neighbor's house. It is quite unusual. We actually wanted to sell this house and move because we have a lot of road noise from the highway, but we cannot make ourselves leave this street. I don't think there is another one like it.




I am so excited for summer and we are going to take advantage of every minute!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Had I only known...

Next time, call me! Thomas and I will be happy to send some business Soren's way!!