Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Triathlon Camp







Reese and I drove Soren down to Austin and dropped her off at Triathlon camp today. It was surprisingly harder than I thought it would be. She is so mature and I am not the overprotective type, so I did not think it would bother me at all. I hung around for a little while until she finally pointed out that all of the other parents were gone and I could go now. She still gave me a hug and a kiss with all of the other kids around. That made me feel good. I know that won't last forever. She was SO excited to be there. It is held at an Episcopal boarding school, so they get to stay in the dorms. It was just like college. She will have a blast, but it still feels weird that she could be old enough to go off to camp. I will pick her up Friday evening and we will get a hotel for the night and do the triathlon Saturday morning. The kids race first and then the parents; should be fun!


Coming home, Reese and I ran into some nasty weather. We were well ahead of it until Hillsboro. As usual we got to park on I35 for about 30 minutes while they cleared a wreck (I never get through Hillsboro without stopping for a wreck!) and the weather caught us. We drove on to Itasca where we decided to pull over for a few minutes. I could not see the white lines on the highway and the radio said there was a tornado reported between Alvarado and Midlothian which was just north of where I was. We played at the Golden Chicken and pumped quarters into the egg machine until the worst of it was gone and finally got home at 8:30. Thank you God for our safe trip!

1 comment:

Anita said...

You are so brave to leave her. I don't think any of us are supposed to have kids that are old enough to go to sleep away camp. I think I may be in denial, though.