Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sleep Over

Since Reese's playmate is away I had to borrow another one. I met Jodi for lunch and snagged Avery for a while. The girls were wearing the same shirt and we had to do some running around before we came home, so everyone thought they were twins. They basically are. They are so sweet and love to be together. Avery even says her last name is "Underwood, like Reesy". They played upstairs for a while and then came out to the garage when Pete and I had to get on the trainers for a while. It was raining so they got to play in the puddles. Then we came in and made popcorn and watched a movie. Now they are crashed out on the floor. We will see how long that lasts. Before she fell asleep, Reese asked me where I would be sleeping. I am sure one or both of them will find us before morning. I know that when Reese spends the night with Avery she tells Jodi that she wants to sleep in Uncle Zach's bed.






Soren called me for about 1 minute today. The excitement in her voice was so great to hear. She is having a blast and has made a good friend from down the hall. She could only talk for a minute because they were about to walk over to lunch together. I miss her a lot. I thought about her all day today. Wondering if the people there knew how wonderful she is, if she was fitting in with the other kids, if she was lonely last night at bed time, if she was able to do her hair this morning... I feel like I am on standby for something. Not nervous, just a little anxious to know how things are going. Being a parent is amazing. I never knew I could have these kind of feelings. It is hard and wonderful all at the same time. I keep thinking that it will get easier each time one of my kids goes off like this, but then I remember how my dad was ready for us to go to college and after we did he was always calling and asking when we were coming to visit. I guess you always miss your kids.








1 comment:

Tami said...

I can only hope that my kids are active enough to want to go to Triathalon camp!! Amazing.