Friday, June 8, 2007

Sweet Sisters





Have I mentioned that I have the best two girls in the whole world? Soren has amazed me since Reese was born with her patience. She is not the motherly type but she is so sweet to a sister who is 5 years younger. When Reese was going through the "mine" phase, Soren would just go on to something else every time Reese came over and nabbed her toy. Now that Reese is 3, she wants to do everything Soren does and my heart swells just thinking about how often Soren lets Reese tag along to her friends house, lets Reese play computer games with her (even though Reese pushes the wrong buttons and Soren has to start over), reads to Reese, takes Reese on bike rides, and all without being asked to do so. She is the best big sister anyone could ask for.




Yesterday after swim team I was not feeling well and I laid down for an hour. When I got up Soren was doing her summer workbook and had set Reese up on the computer with a learning game. She had already read two chapters of her book and let Reese color. I am just so proud of them. Don't get me wrong, they have their differences and will fight, but 90% of the time they really do enjoy each other.





Since Soren could walk she has loved to perform. She loves an audience and will put on shows anytime someone will watch. Reese is very different. She wants to be far away from the spot light. Soren is trying her hardest to get Reese to be part of the performances and she is actually making some progress. Last night they put on a ballet and gymnastics show for Pete and I. I am sure it helped that we were the only ones watching, but it was so funny to watch Soren organize it all. First there was a ceremony to crown Reese queen and then it was down stairs for the ballet. I love watching them play together. It is hard to imagine that my life could be any more blessed. My neighbor commented yesterday that she has not known another 3 year old like Reese. So loving and kind and calm. I told her that I was very aware of how blessed I am with my kids. They are simply the best!

No comments: