Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day











Happy Father's Day, Pete! Pete is the best dad in the world. When Soren was born I saw a side of him that I did not know existed. He is really amazing with the girls and they are so attached to him. I love it.

This morning Reese woke me up around 7 am and I told her that it was Father's Day and I needed for her to sign Pete's card. I set her in my lap and said "this is a card for Dad for Father's Day. You tell me what you want to say to him and I will write it for you." Reese's reply, "I want to say to Dad; I love....(pause)...Nana!" Pretty funny. I did not write that in the card. She signed her name and drew a sun. That is her favorite thing to draw and she is actually pretty good at it.

After signing cards we decided to make breakfast. We made blueberry pancakes, bacon, and eggs and the girls helped with all of it. While we were cooking, they were playing with a candle. Soren would light it and they would sing happy birthday and then make a wish and blow it out. When it was Soren's turn, she said "I wish" and then paused in thought for a minute. Reese chimed in "that yours muder would clean the kitchen?!" She says "yours" rather than "your" and sometimes "mother" sounds like "muder".

When breakfast was ready, Reese went and grabbed Pete out of bed and brought him into the kitchen. "Are you surprised by the food?" She was so excited. Pete's cards were under his plate (Soren's idea) and the girls could barely eat because they were waiting for him to find them. When he found them he asked Reese which one he should open first. She chose one and when he opened it she looked at it, saw that it was not hers, and then put it down and told him to open another one.

It has been a funny morning. Now I need to go get the girls out of the rain and get ready for church.

1 comment:

Anita said...

You guys are off and running so early! I love reading your blog and was so excited to see you were reading mine! I would love to do the marathon, but I don't think it's in the cards for me right now. I just don't have enough time to train. I'm also going to start teaching 5 year old PreK in the fall. So I don't know how I'll get it all in. I think 10k is my max for now. We need to all get together again. Maybe with our kids.